viernes, 26 de junio de 2009

Inversion

inversion 1

  • Never before had he seen anything so beautiful.
  • He had never seen anything so beautiful before.

  • Only now are the effects becoming apparent.
  • The effects are only becoming apparent now.

  • On no account must exhibit be touched.
  • exhibit must not be touched on any account.

  • Rarely do you find a coin of this age in such good condition.
  • You rarely find a coin of this age in such good condition.

  • Not until/only when she got home did she realize what had happened
  • Only when she got home she realized what had happened.

inversion 2

  1. There isn't a city anywhere in the world with as many bautiful monuments as Rome. ( nowhere)
  • Nowhere in the world is there a city with as many beautiful monuments as Rome.

2. You very rarely come across anyone nowadays who hasn't been abroad. (very rarely)

  • Very rarely do you come across anyone who hasn't been abroad nowadays.

3. You can only really learn a language by living in a country where it is spoken.( only by)

  • Only by living in a country where a language is spoken can you really learn it.

4. Tourist should not be allowed to visit the Antartic under any circumstances. (under no circumstances)

  • Under any circumstances should tourist be allowed to visit the Antartic.

5. You won't truly know what good food is until you've tried French cuisine. (Not until)

  • Not until have you tried French cuisine will you know what is good food.

6. I hated visiting monuments as a child and I couldn't stand going into museums. ( not only)

  • Not only did I hate visiting monuments as a child but I couldn't stand going into museums.

7. I've onle recently started going on holyday without my parents.( only recently)

  • Only recently have I started going on holydays without my parents.

8. I'll never go back to that place I went to last year on holiday! (Never again)

  • Never Again will I come back to that place I went to last year on holiday.

invesion 3

imagine you have just spent a disappointing fortnight in a Caribbean ecotourism hotel.Write 5 sentences complaining about different aspects of your stay. Begin each sentence with one of the following:

At no time, Not once, Only when, Not until, Hardly, No sooner, Not only, Nowhere, Never again.

  1. Never Again will I come back to that ecotourism hotel where I spent my holydays.
  2. Only when I have no choice will I recomend that place to go to.
  3. Not only the service was a disaster but ...
  4. Not once had I problems with the food but many time I had argues with the waitress.

1 comentario: